This cheesy cheese-free sauce is perfect to pair with anything that needs some cheesy goodness, such as sandwiches, pastas, nachos, tacos and salads. Guilt-free goodness as it uses carrot for colour and contains no dairy – the perfect go-to cheese sauce!
+ gluten free,
+ dairy free
+ refined sugar free
+ Makes 2 cups
1 large carrot, chopped into thirds
180g soy milk
120g raw cashews, soaked for minimum 6 hours and then drained
40g nutritional yeast flakes
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp light miso paste
½ lemon, juice only
2 tbsp maple syrup
½ tsp salt
1. Place carrot in TM bowl, chop for 5 seconds, speed 6. Scrape down sides.
2. Add soy milk, cook for 10 minutes, 90°C speed 2, MC removed and steamer basket on top to prevent splashes.
3. Add remaining ingredients, blend for 30 seconds, speed 9. Scrape down sides.
4. Blend for a further 10 seconds, speed 6.
5. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 5 days and reheat before serving.
Find more of Ellen’s fantastic vegan Thermomix recipes & vegan advice on Alyce Alexandra Cookbooks.
Share your delicious Thermomix creations with us on Instagram with #myTWC!