This is one of my favourite go-to snack recipes to make when feeling like a healthy and hearty baked treat. These muffins are delicious, satisfying and super quick and easy to make, with minimal contact time but also the ingredients are pantry staples making life easy! Thanks to the flaxseeds and almonds the muffins hold their shape perfectly without needing flour, whilst the coconut oil means you will feel comfortably satisfied. Packed with a delicious cinnamon banana flavour this will soon become your go-to too!
This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free, soy-free, egg-free, vegetarian and vegan and makes 12 delicious muffins!
1 cinnamon stick
40g coconut sugar
300g raw almonds
½ tsp baking powder
80g coconut oil, melted
2 very ripe bananas, peeled and cut into thirds
1. Preheat oven to 180°C
2. Place cinnamon, coconut sugar and flaxseeds in TC bowl, mill for 20 seconds, speed 10. Set aside, add water and mix in. Leave to stand for 10 minutes.
3. Without cleaning TC bowl, add almonds, mill for 20 seconds, speed 8.
4. Add baking powder, oil, bananas and set-aside mixture. Mix for 20 seconds, speed 4.
5. Divide mixture evenly between a lined 12 capacity muffin tin or silicone dariole moulds and bake for 25 minutes, or until cooked through and golden.
6. Allow muffins to cool slightly before removing from tin or moulds.
Find more of Ellen’s fantastic vegan Thermomix recipes & vegan advice on Alyce Alexandra Cookbooks.
Share your beautiful baking creations with us on Instagram with #myTWC