- 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), washed and drained
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 or 3 heaping tablespoons tahini (depending how much you like it)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp water, plus more if needed
- ½ tsp cumin
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Smoked paprika (optional)
Place everything in a food processor and blend until smooth. Add additional water if needed. If desired, sprinkle with paprika and drizzle with additional olive oil before serving.
Add any of the following if desired:
- fresh chives
- roasted red peppers
- sundried tomatoes
- roasted garlic (instead of raw)
- fresh lemon zest (and halve the lemon juice
If you’re super keen for a super smooooth hummus, do this before starting:
- Toss the chickpeas in a big bowl filled half-way with water.
- Rub the chickpeas between both hands (this was difficult to photograph and do at the same time – so here’s my one-handed version!)
- The peels should rise to the water’s surface. Skim them off and rinse the chickpeas.