This new take on bread is a nutrient dense treat, perfect when paired with a delicious dip or spread, avocado smash, nourish bowl or salad for a new lunch routine.
This bread is gluten free, dairy free, sugar free, vegan AND paleo! There’s something for everyone.
1 1/2 cups buckwheat
2 cups peeled and grated sweet potato (approx 1/2 medium / 250 g)
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup pepitas
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup psyllium husk
1/2 cup chia seeds
1/2 cup linseeds
1 teaspoon pink salt
1 1/2 cup water
1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 tablespoon slippery elm powder
1. Soak buckwheat overnight or for 2 hours.
2. Drain and rinse, then combine in a large mixing bowl with all remaining ingredients.
3. Pour into a lined 14x24cm loaf tin (or close to this size). Cover with tea towel and sit on bench top for 2 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 150C, place loaf in middle rack of oven and cook 1 1/2 hours in the tin, then flip out of tin and place upside down and back into the oven for a further 1 hour.
5. Remove from oven, allow to cool completely, then slice and serve.
This bread is best toasted with a beautiful nourishing source of fat to accompany – avocado, ricotta, butter, nut butter.
Store in fridge up to 1 week and freezer up to 3 weeks.
Recipe Serves 12 / Makes 1 loaf
Share your delicious creations with us on Instagram with #myTWC