This recipe is designed to be served like any cheese wheel, with your crackers or veggie sticks and with the occasional decadent piece of quince paste. Every ingredient in this recipe contributes to making the perfectly creamy dense ‘cheese’ wheel.
Best served hot straight out of the oven. Use whatever your heart desires on the top, anything from herbs, spices, nuts or dried fruit.
This recipe is vegan, dairy-free, egg-free, sugar-free, gluten-free and serves 2.
120g raw cashews, soaked for a minimum of 6 hours and drained
2 cloves garlic, peeled
2 tbsp arrowroot powder
2 tsp fine salt
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
10g nutritional yeast
130g warm water
2 sprigs rosemary
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Place garlic in TM bowl, chop for 2 seconds, speed 5. Set aside.
3. Without cleaning TM bowl, add cashews, arrowroot powder, salt, apple cider vinegar, nutritional yeast flakes and water, blend for 20 seconds, speed 8. Scrape down sides.
4. Cook for 8 minutes, 100°C, speed 2.5.
5. Line two small 12cm round tins (or 1 larger one) with baking paper.
6. Pour mixture into lined tin. Grab garlic and sprinkle on top, add rosemary sprigs and drizzle olive oil.
7. Bake for 20 minutes, or until top is set.
Serve immediately with fresh crusty bread, vegetable sticks, quince paste or your favourite crackers.
Find more of Ellen’s fantastic vegan Thermomix recipes & vegan advice on Alyce Alexandra Cookbooks.