Who doesn’t love that warming & comforting feeling you get from a warm apple dessert? This simple recipe will have your kitchen smelling divine and your tastebuds dancing all while receiving a nice dose of fibre, vitamins and minerals!
Apples are high in fibre, containing both soluble and insoluble fibre which is great for your digestive health! The beauty of soluble fibre is that it has the power to lower cholesterol naturally, keeping you regular and stabilising blood sugar levels.
With the addition of nuts and seeds in this recipe, these tasty gems will help you get a nice dose of healthy fats, proteins, vitamins and minerals.
This recipe makes enough for two people
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 tablespoons shredded coconut
Handful pumpkin seeds
Handful sunflower seeds
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 120 degrees celsius (248 degrees Fahrenheit)
2. Cut all the apples into chunks and add to boiling water on the stove and let simmer until soft.
3. Throw apples, coconut oil, coconut, pepita’s, sunflower seeds, hazelnuts, walnuts, macadamias, nutmeg and cinnamon into a large mixing bowl and mix well.
4. Place evenly on a baking tray and bake on 120 degrees for 20 minutes or until nuts are golden and crunchy.
5. Serve with fresh blueberries.