This recipe from vegan Nutritionist and Naturopath, Megan Garner, is a great option for lunch boxes, weekend brunch, a picnic, or even a savoury breakfast! Whip up a batch this weekend, cut into portions and store in the freezer for easy lunches to enjoy with salad and hummus. Yum!
1 onion, diced
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 zucchinis, grated
2 carrots, grated
1 cup kale, chopped
2 teaspoons curry powder
350g extra firm tofu
200ml soy milk
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
2 tablespoons gluten-free flour
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. In a frying pan on medium to high heat, add a splash of water and onion and saute until transparent.
3. Wrap the grated zucchini in a cloth and squeeze hard to discard the excess liquid.
4. Add in the garlic, kale and grated zucchini and carrot, saute until the zucchini has softened.
5. Remove from the heat and set aside.
6. In a food processor, add the curry powder, salt, pepper, tofu, soy milk, nutritional yeast, flour and mustard and blend until smooth.
7. Combine the creamy mixture from the processor and the zucchini mixture and pour into a tin lined with baking paper.
8. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour until lightly browned on top and a skewer comes out clean.
Allow to cool and put in the fridge until needed.
Visit Megan’s website to learn more about plant-based nutrition and naturopathy, book a consult or purchase her e-book.
Share your healthy wholefoods lunchbox recipes with us on Instagram with #myTWC.