Stuffing is a Christmas classic and this gluten-free recipe is one you can’t live without this Christmas. Plus it’s vegan! Bursting with the rich, earthy flavours of mushroom and thyme, it’s bound to be a hit with your guests.
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, diced
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
350g mixed wild mushrooms
400g closed cup or chestnut mushrooms
½ bunch of fresh thyme
100g pecans or hazelnuts
1 bunch of fresh, flat-leaf parsley
25g dried porcini, rehydrated in boiled water
½ cup cooked quinoa
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC.
2. Add olive oil to a fry pan and heat over low-medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic for 5 minutes then add in mushrooms and cook over medium heat until mushrooms are cooked.
3. Add cooked quinoa, thyme, chopped nuts, parsley and porcini to the pan.
4. For the topping, in a small bowl mix together almond meal, crushed pecans and nutritional yeast.
5. Spread mushroom mixture into baking dish and top with the almond crumb.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown on top.
Share your comforting Christmas creations with us on Instagram with #myTWC