Make this Valentine Day extra special by whipping up this nourishing paleo sticky date pudding! This classic dessert has received the ultimate nutrition & gluten-free boost with Natural Evolution’s incredible gluten-free baking flour which is made with green bananas, so whether you’re making this treat for someone sweet, or just your sweet self there’s a lot to love!
Natural Evolution’s green banana baking flour is a unique, power-packed source of dietary fibre, which is rich in prebiotic fibre resistant starch for optimum gut health—baking that loves your belly. This flour is high in essential minerals and vitamins—potassium, zinc, magnesium and manganese and Vitamin E—transforming your baked treats into nutrient-rich health foods.
Natural Evolution’s bananas are grown biodynamically and are chemical/pesticide free. They believe in holistic farming that sees the plant as the most important part of the process—plants need to be healthy and thriving to produce nourishing and beneficial food. The banana trees are cared for with soil microbes, with good soil health at the heart of Natural Evolution’s philosophy because only by having good healthy soils are the roots able to uptake critical nutrition.
Here is a short clip by CSIRO with whom Natural Evolution have worked with in the past.
Their green banana multi-fibre is the richest source of resistant starch ever found on Earth to date – such a discovery that Krista, co-founder of Natural Evolution was invited to speak at a TEDx!
Now, on to this fabulous recipe!
200 grams pitted dates
200 grams water
2 teaspoons of bicarb soda
70 grams coconut sugar
70 grams coconut oil
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
130 grams of Natural Evolution Gluten-Free Baking Flour
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Lightly grease round cake tin (20cm) and dust with flour or line.
2. Chop dates finely by hand or in a food processor, or Thermomix chop for 8 seconds on speed 7.
3. Put water and dates into a saucepan and gently simmer on stove for 5 minutes constantly stirring. Thermomix 5 minutes, 100C, on Speed 1.
4. Add bicarb soda to the water/date mixture and mix well. Thermomix 3 seconds, speed 2.
5. Set bicarb, date, water mixture aside.
6. In a bowl add coconut oil, flour, sugar, eggs, flour and vanilla and mix well.
7. Add date, water, bicarb mixture to oil, flour, sugar, eggs and vanilla – mix well.
8. Pour mixture into prepared tin and place in preheated oven. Bake for 50 minutes or until skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
9. Leave in tin 10 minutes before turning out onto a plate.
Serve with caramel sauce or fresh fruit as desired.
1. Add the drained dates, vanilla and oil mix in food processor or Thermomix until they form a thick paste.
2. Add salt and coconut cream until well combined and creamy. Can be serve hot or cold.
Visit Natural Evolution’s website to learn more about the benefits of green banana flour and Natural Evolution’s journey.
Share your fantastic gluten-free baking creations with us on Instagram #myTWC!