Making fruit gummies is a great way to make natural, herbal tinctures palatable to kids who might be reluctant to take them. Tinctures can be used for boosting immunity, relieving an upset stomach, and healing coughs or colds.
This recipe makes 20 gummies with a dose of herbal tincture at 1ml per dose. If you’re changing the quantity of gummies made, you should adjust the dosage accordingly.
250 ml (1 cup) of juice, choose a variety without added sugar
1 tbsp agar agar powder
20 ml of herbal tincture (if using alcohol based herbal tincture add 10 ml of boiling water to remove alcohol)
60 ml (¼ cup) cold water
1. In a small pan (or Thermomix) bring the juice to a simmer.
2. Place the agar agar into a ¼ cup of cold water and stir until dissolved.
3. Stir the agar agar mix into the juice.
4. Bring to a simmer whilst continually stirring and remove from heat.
5. Pour the herbal tincture into the mixture and mix well.
6. Pour the liquid into moulds, ice cube tray or tupperware lined with baking paper.
7. Leave at room temperature for 20 minutes to set. Then put in the refrigerator and let sit for another 20 minutes.
8. Store in fridge, will last most of the day in a lunch box without melting.