This dip is as multipurpose as it comes, with a delicious creamy texture and spicy flavour. Enjoy it as a dip, pizza base, pasta sauce and on Mexican dishes such as tacos or enchiladas. This recipe makes a large portion so get creative with it!
This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian and vegan and makes 3 cups of dip!
100g raw cashews
500g pumpkin, cut into cubes and skin removed
½ brown onion, peeled & chopped
2 garlic cloves, peeled & minced
1 jalapeno chilli, seeds removed, halved & chopped finely
20g olive oil
1 ½ tsp ground cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp chilli flakes
1 tbsp stock concentrate
20g nutritional yeast flakes
½ lime, juice only
1. Place cashews in processor and process until ground finely, set aside.
2. Steam pumpkin until soft.
3. While pumpkin is steaming, place onion, garlic, jalapenos in processor/bullet blender and blend until combined, or finely dice/mince each.
4. Saute oil and spices, plus onion, garlic, jalapeno mix on the stovetop until spices are fragrant, approx 1min – 2 mins.
5. Add sauteed vegetables and spice mix to the processor with cashews, stock concentrate, yeast flakes, lime juice, steamed pumpkin, puree for 1 minute, til smooth.
Refrigerate until ready to serve – this dip will thicken as it cools.
Find more of Ellen’s fantastic vegan Thermomix recipes & vegan advice on Alyce Alexandra Cookbooks.
Share your tasty whole foods snacks with us on Instagram with #myTWC