½ cup (100g) coconut oil or butter
½ cup rice syrup or honey
¼ cup coconut sugar
½ cup Spark DUST or another cacao infusion of your choice
½ tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp salt
2 cups raw rolled oats
½ cup sesame seeds
½ cup sunflower seeds
½ cup pumpkin seeds
1 cup sultanas
⅓ cup (40g) flour
2 cups puffed grains – rice or quinoa or amaranth
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C (fan-forced) and line a baking tray with baking paper. This is optional, but it helps with getting the finished muesli bars out in the end. We used a 28cm x 20cm baking tin.
2. Combine the rice syrup, coconut sugar and coconut oil in a saucepan over low-medium heat. Cook, while constantly stirring, for 5 minutes or until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves.
3. Bring to the boil and cook for 1-2 minutes or until syrup thickens slightly, then remove from heat.
4. Combine the oats, sultanas, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, Spark DUST, vanilla extract, salt, flour and puffed grains in a large bowl. Mix everything together, then pour over the hot syrup and stir thoroughly to combine well.
5. Spoon the muesli bar mix into the pan and press down firmly.
6. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Remove from the oven and set aside in the pan to cool completely. This may take a couple of hours.
7. Once they are completely cooled down and hardened, cut them into rectangles (5cm x 9cm) to serve.