Our favourite kind of desserts are the kind that are packed with amazing flavours, not too many ingredients or steps, and low in sugar. Like this coconut, vanilla, raw vegan slice topped with a chia seed, raspberry jam! A simple dessert disguised as a little bit fancy.
Use our new white chia seeds if your family are a little suspect on the black, fish-eggy variety!
For the Raspberry Chia Seed Layer
4 tbsp chia seeds
1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries or strawberries
1. In the food processor, add almonds, pitted dates and coconut oil.
2. Pulse until a sticky crumble forms.
3. Line a 19cm, small slice dish and press base evenly into the dish. Alternatively, you could use a 20cm spring form cake pan.
4. Place into the freezer.
5. For the vanilla and coconut layer, place soaked cashews, coconut milk, desiccated coconut, maple syrup and vanilla bean paste into the food processor and process until smooth and creamy.
6. Spread evenly over base and place back in the freezer for 30 minutes.
While the coconut and vanilla layer sets, blend together chia seeds and raspberries to create a jam layer.
7. Spread raspberry chia seed layer on top and place in the freezer to set for 10-15 minutes.
8. Slice and store in airtight container either in the fridge or freezer.