Make this Valentine Day extra special by whipping up this nourishing paleo sticky date pudding! This classic dessert has received the ultimate nutrition & gluten-free boost with Natural Evolution’s incredible gluten-free baking flour which is made with green bananas, so whether you’re making this treat for someone sweet, or just your sweet self there’s a lot to love!
200 grams pitted dates
200 grams water
2 teaspoons of bicarb soda
70 grams coconut sugar
70 grams coconut oil
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
130 grams of Natural Evolution Gluten-Free Baking Flour
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Lightly grease round cake tin (20cm) and dust with flour or line.
2. Chop dates finely by hand or in a food processor, or Thermomix chop for 8 seconds on speed 7.
3. Put water and dates into a saucepan and gently simmer on stove for 5 minutes constantly stirring. Thermomix 5 minutes, 100C, on Speed 1.
4. Add bicarb soda to the water/date mixture and mix well. Thermomix 3 seconds, speed 2.
5. Set bicarb, date, water mixture aside.
6. In a bowl add coconut oil, flour, sugar, eggs, flour and vanilla and mix well.
7. Add date, water, bicarb mixture to oil, flour, sugar, eggs and vanilla – mix well.
8. Pour mixture into prepared tin and place in preheated oven. Bake for 50 minutes or until skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
9. Leave in tin 10 minutes before turning out onto a plate.
Serve with caramel sauce or fresh fruit as desired.
1. Add the drained dates, vanilla and oil mix in food processor or Thermomix until they form a thick paste.
2. Add salt and coconut cream until well combined and creamy. Can be served hot or cold.
Share your fantastic gluten-free baking creations with us on Instagram #myTWC!