Stuffed capsicums make for a hearty dinner in a short time! They come in so many different varieties from around the world. We’ve created a delicious Mexican version! This version leaves the capsicums raw, making it a quick and easy option for lunches or dinner, and perfect for hot summer days. Serve with a fresh Mexican inspired salad or rice & salsa.
4 capsicums, halved, red & yellow are sweeter
1 fresh chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
1 red onion, diced
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp ground cumin
2 garlic cloves
1 bunch of coriander
2 capsicums, deseeded and chopped
1 x 400 g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 x 400 g can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 bottle Passata (100% organic, where possible).
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
2. In a food processor, process together the chilli, onion, paprika, cumin, garlic, stalks of coriander and 2 tbsp of olive oil.
3. Heat pan on medium heat, add in prepared chilli paste, peppers, chickpeas and black beans,
4. Add a pinch of salt and pepper, and pour in passata.
5. Stir well, place lid on and simmer for 10-15 minutes until sauce slightly thickens.
6. Stuff peppers with chilli, top with cheese or our fave vegan queso and roast for 10-15 minutes.
7. Top with fresh avocado and cilantro.