Our Boosted Mexican Mix is the quickest, easiest, healthiest way to add a huge Mexican flavour bomb & fibre bomb to your dishes! Unlike supermarket spice blends this is made without additives, and has extra nutritious ingredients to boost your meals. No need to freak the kids out with all the ‘health food’ packets!
Use this mix to add to your taco fillings, to flavour beans & rice, coat tofu, tempeh or meat before quickly frying, or add to stews, soups, casseroles or pulled meats.
This salad is a low-carb, high-protein, nutritious option, perfect for hot summer days. You can batch cook a large block of tofu & keep the pieces in the fridge for use over a few days & triple or quadruple the salad dressing for food prep. This salad would work really well as a jar salad with hard veg down the bottom with the dressing, and soft veg at the top.
1 cup shredded lettuce
8 cherry tomatoes, halved
½ a cucumber, sliced
¼ of an avocado
¼ of red capsicum sliced
¼ cup of red onion, sliced
Optional Extras: black beans, corn
Optional Toppings: Coconut yoghurt or cashew cream, pepitas, coriander, crunchy corn chips, tortilla.
1. Drain tofu & press for 20 minutes by wrapping ½ a block in a clean tea towel, covering with a board, and adding an extra weight.
2. Add Boosted Mexican mix to a wide bowl, slice tofu into 40 even strips and coat each side with mix.
3. Heat oil in a pan over medium and cook each side for 2-3 minutes until spices are fragrant.
4. Mix dressing by adding all ingredients to a small jar and shaking thoroughly.
5. Assemble salad in a bowl, add tofu and toppings. Drizzle dressing over the plate.