What says summer more than the refreshing flavours of mango, berries and coconut? This summer mango berry tart is perfect for entertaining this summer!
This recipe is wheat free, dairy free, sugar-free and vegetarian and serves 6-8 people.
Tart Crust Ingredients
¾ cup coconut or vanilla bean yoghurt
Topping: fresh seasonal fruits of choice – mango, berries, passionfruit
1. Combine oats, spelt flour, coconut sugar and sea salt in a large mixing bowl and mix for approx 3 minutes.
2. Gently pour in ghee and mix a further 2 minutes or thereabouts.
3. Slowly pour in apple cider vinegar and water combination and mix a further 30 seconds.
4. Remove dough from bowl, form into a ball, wrap in glad wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
5. After 1 hour, remove the dough from fridge and roll on a floured bench top with a rolling pin until rectangular or circular in shape.
6. Line the base of a tart tin with baking paper and press into the tin (we used a 15 x 30cm rectangular tin).
7. Prick pastry with a few holes, then bake in preheated 180C oven for 25 minutes.
8. Let pastry cool completely before topping with coconut or vanilla bean yoghurt and fresh seasonal fruit of choice.
Find plenty more stunning plant-based dishes and information about nutrition by Jacqueline on her website, Brown Paper Bag Nutrition.
Share your favourite summer treats with us on Instagram with #myTWC