So, so, soooooo cheesy, you won’t believe they are dairy free! And they are super moist, as all the best savoury muffins are. Pack for lunch boxes, picnics or snacks on the go and you’ll be one happy camper. We’ve used our naturally non-stick silicone dariole moulds (available here), but you can also use a muffin tin, just be sure to grease first.
This recipe is vegan, vegetarian, dairy free, egg free, sugar free and makes 8 muffins.
2 zucchinis, cut into thirds
1 tsp fine salt
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp Dijon mustard
50g macadamia oil
150g almond milk
Handful fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
4 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp bi carb soda
180g plain flour
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Place zucchini and salt in TM bowl, chop for 1 second, speed 5, or until finely chopped. Transfer to a colander or fine sieve to drain.
3. Meanwhile, place garlic in TM clean bowl, chop for 5 seconds, speed 5. Scrape down sides.
4. Add dried basil, mustard, oil, milk and fresh basil, mix for 10 seconds, reverse speed 3.
5. Press excess liquid out of zucchini then place in TM bowl.
6. Add nutritional yeast flakes, baking powder, bi carb soda and flour to TM bowl. Mix for 15 seconds, reverse speed 4. Scrape down sides.
7. Mix for a further 5 seconds, reverse speed 3, or until all ingredients are well combined.
8. Spoon mixture evenly into 8 dariole moulds. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean and muffins are golden brown.
Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from dariole moulds. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
Find more of Ellen’s fantastic vegan Thermomix recipes & vegan advice on Alyce Alexandra Cookbooks.