If you’re watching your carb intake this is a fantastic recipe for getting the pizza taste you love, minus the carbs! Or maybe you’re just mad for mushies! Serve these mushrooms with a big Italian salad for a main dish, or individually for entrees or canapes.
This recipe serves 3-4 people
12 flat mushrooms, stalks removed
¼ cup extra virgin or garlic infused olive oil
100g cherry tomatoes, sliced
small handful pitted kalamata olives, sliced
½ red capsicum, diced small
14-16 baby bocconcini, sliced in half
2 tablespoons pesto
sea salt / black pepper
rocket to serve
1. Heat oven to 180C, line a tray with baking paper. (You could also cook in the bbq if you have one)
2. Lay mushrooms over tray, baste either side of mushies with oil – try using a pastry brush for this, works a treat!
3. Pop a few slices of cherry tomatoes, kalamata olives and some capsicum on each.
4. Lay slices of bocconcini over the top.
5. Season with sea salt and black pepper and bake in oven for 15 minutes.
6. Serve drizzled with pesto and with fresh rocket.
Check out these tasty pesto ideas: