This recipe is a great side dish, awesome to add to a nourish bowl, and packed with gut-healthy & immunity boosting resistant starch from the sweet potatoes.
This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free and vegan!
Serves 6 as part of a shared meal
1.2 kg sweet potato, peeled and cut into 3cm cubes
½ teaspoon curry powder
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
3 pinches salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup flaked coconut
1. Preheat the oven to 200C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Toss the sweet potato cubes in the curry powder, sesame, sea salt and olive oil.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
4. While the sweet potato is cooking spread the coconut flakes over a lined baking tray.
5. Remove the sweet potato from the oven and place the coconut flakes into the oven to toast for 2 minutes until golden.
6. Toss the ingredient together and serve.
Jacqueline’s website, The Brown Paper Bag Nutrition, is loaded with healthy, whole food recipes with a focus on plant-based eating as well as fabulous health, nutrition and lifestyle advice.