Whip up this super simple recipe for your next afternoon tea, to add to a lunchbox or bring a batch to work for morning tea. Everyone will love you.
This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free and vegan.
½ cup tahini
1 cup almond meal
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted or olive oil
1 tsp vanilla
4 tbsp maple syrup
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ cup walnuts, chopped
For top: 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1. Preheat oven to 160C and line baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
3. Roll into 12 balls, place on lined baking tray and press down lightly with back of fork.
4. Cook in middle of oven for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden.
5. Cool on baking tray and store in airtight container.
Jacqueline’s website, The Brown Paper Bag Nutrition, is loaded with healthy, whole food recipes with a focus on plant-based eating as well as fabulous health, nutrition and lifestyle advice.