This toddler approved recipe is stacked full of goodness from gorgeous sweet peas (use baby peas for more sweetness!), a great blend of veggies, protein rich flour for binding
1 cup frozen peas
1 carrot, grated
½ cup gluten free flour (oat, rice, chickpea etc)
½ cup plant milk
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
¼ tsp cumin powder
¼ tsp turmeric
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp aluminium free baking powder
1 tsp spirulina powder
1 Tbsp ground nut and seed mix (optional)
1. Add all dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl – flour/s, nutritional yeast, cumin, turmeric, salt, spirulina, baking powder, nut & seed mix – and use a fork to mix until all ingredients are evenly combined.
2. Make a well in the centre and add all remaining ingredients, along with 1 tbsp water. Gently combine with a fork until there are no large lumps of flour remaining.
3. Heat a non-stick fry pan – cast iron is best.
4. Using a dinner spoon, place one spoon of mixture per fritter into pan. Avoid overcrowding the pan.
5. Cook for 2-3 mins each side or until golden brown.
6. Turn and cook on other side until golden.
7. Pop cooked fritters onto a tray and place in a warm oven as you continue to fry the rest of the batter.
Enjoy with tahini sauce or tomato chutney and a fresh salad.
Visit Megan’s website to learn more about plant-based nutrition and naturopathy, book a consult or purchase her e-book.
Share your delicious dinner creations with us on Instagram with #myTWC