With two classic flavours, this is for those that love a bit of tang! It packs quite a punch and with lemons seasonal for about 6 months of the year it’s one to be enjoyed more often than not!
Prep time: overnight
Make time: 30 minutes
Stand time: overnight
Makes 1 20cm cake
1. Flip the base of the springform pan upside down so you don’t need to worry about the lip when removing the cake later. Grease the base and sides of the tin with the extra coconut oil and set aside.
2. Process nuts and coconut until crumbly.
3. Add coconut oil and lemon zest and mix well. Add the dates, one at a time and process until no large chunks remain. Pinch the mixture together between your fingers – if it holds its shape it’s the right consistency. If not, add 1 Tbsp cold water at a time until the desired consistency is achieved.
3. Press crust down evenly into the base of the prepared tin. Place in the freezer while you prepare the lemon + coconut filling.
Lemon & Coconut Filling Ingredients
1. Blend all ingredients, starting with 1 cup of coconut milk, until smooth.
2. Gradually add extra coconut milk until the entire mixture is smooth and churning consistently. You may need to regularly stop the blender and scrape down the sides with a spatula to allow for a well combined mixture.
3. Taste. Sweet enough? Tangy enough? Adjust if desired.
4. Remove prepared base from freezer and evenly pour lemon filling on top. Return to freezer for 6 – 8 hours or for best results overnight.
Slice evenly when frozen through and let soften at room temperature for 1 hour before serving.
Top cake with coconut chips, shredded coconut and lemon zest.
Best kept in the freezer until needed.
This cheesecake will keep in the fridge for 2 – 3 days.